Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Storage Ottoman

So who’s familiar with Rock Band or Guitar Hero????? If  you are you know all to well how much room these guitars and drums can take up. I found band practice right in the middle of my living room. It was easy for the kids to just scoot it away into the corner, but it was an eye sore that had to be dealt with. So where was I going to hide 100′s of games, 3 guitars,microphones,and a set of drums?????? Where could it be stored that was easily accessible and easily put away? Thus I began my search for the storage ottoman. First I measured the guitars, and other pieces to figure out how much space I would actually need. I immediately put those measurements in my purse so I wouldn’t forget them while shopping. It’s a good idea to have a compact tape measure you can keep in your bag.

 This is it open with 3 Guitars, drum set, etc. Look at all this storage space!
This ottoman is from American Signature Collection

Now in the past I have actually purchased furniture for the sole purpose of housing games,dvd,and other media. A simple media case will do all that, is way cheaper and takes up less space!!

There are plenty of options out there. Take into consideration what you need and if you can possibly modify to even better suit your needs. For example I would have loved to install casters on my ottoman so it’s more mobile for cleaning,seating,etc. Maybe in the future,always room for improvement! Until then here’s a few inspirational options…….
courtesy www.solutions.com
courtesy www.walmart.com
coutesy of www.bedbathstore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment