Thursday, November 10, 2011

Entry Way


Here is my entry way.Pretty minimal, but functions well for my family. I wasn’t blessed with a spacious mudroom so here’s how we roll. I found a coat tree and my local Goodwill store for $5. I brought it home a repainted black to match my decor. I had searched online but the prices ranged from $50-$200. This catches coats,hats,bookbags and my purse as soon as I walk in the door. No more jackets on the back of your dining room chairs,school totes on the floor.

This small tray lives on top my entry table. It happens to be fall so I am using my leaf! It varies throughout the year,small bowls,little trays. This is where we leave our keys. You wouldn’t believe how long the average person spends a year looking for their keys!

Underneath the table we keep two totes,one for shoes and one for my two darling boxers toys. These totes are great! I got them at Walmart for around $8 each. They have they have a basket weave design but they are plastic. I love anything I can rinse out/and wipe down.  Now most of our shoes are stored in each bedroom closet in over the door shoe pockets, but the everyday buildup became a problem. So we just toss the “daily shoes” in the tote,and when they are collected they can be carried back home. We like to leave our shoes at the door. Did you know 87% of dirt in your home was brought in on the bottom of your shoes? Now with two dogs in the house that chew things they shouldn’t we have accumulated alot of doggy toys. We can dump out the basket, but it is actually at a height where they just pull the toys out themselves!
Ok ,inside the drawers.

 The drawers house  an ink pen,for signing for packages or to jot down a note, a pad of paper,spare keys, my dog leashes,an umbrella,and extra sunglasses.
Entry Way Tips:
*If you prefer out of sight out of mind method consider using an armoire as a makeshift mudroom. Hooks can be installed to hang items.Drawers can store hats and mittens.
*Baker’s racks can also pull double duty in this area.
*To avoid forgetting items you may need place a tote on your door knob to slip library books,cell phones,umbrellas,outgoing mail,etc . into.
*Install hooks for hanging items, and a shoe tray works well for boots and other foot wear.
*A bench can add storage space and can be helpful assisting children with their shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment